Big Phat Losers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friends that are using 6WBMO to lose weight

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Coffee Nut Balls

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tonibaby
Admin
Tonibaby

Female Age : 52

Coffee Nut Balls Empty
PostSubject: Coffee Nut Balls   Coffee Nut Balls EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 1:58 pm

Coffee Nut Balls

◦¼ cup hot water

◦1-2 teaspoons instant coffee powder, to taste ( I used 2 teaspoons.)

◦1 teaspoon black walnut extract

◦3 tablespoons Splenda

◦½ cup uncooked oats

Heat water, instant coffee, extract and Splenda in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir in oats and keep stirring until well absorbed. Spoon out (I use a mini ice cream scoop) 6 balls onto parchment papered pan. Put in freezer and freeze till firm. 3 balls= 1/2 cup carb serving, 6 balls = 1 cup carb serving. (Note: Confused? Remember, no matter how they're prepared, we take our measurements off the cooked yield of grains. ¼ cup uncooked oats would yield a ½ cup serving if cooked conventionally.)

These balls have a strong flavor which helps me when I am craving something sweet. Adjust the strength of the coffee powder and extract to your taste. I keep these frozen balls in servings of 3 balls in small freezer baggies....for preworkout I just eat 2 bags or 6 balls.

I multiply this recipe to make large batches at a time....I always have a carb ready to eat....They are a bit too HARD right out of the freezer, but a few moments later they are just right! To me they are a real treat! Experiment with the flavorings and let us know what you come up with!

Compatible with Body Type:
Breakfast A-C-D-E
Morning Snack C-E
Lunch A-B-C-D-E
Afternoon Snack B-C-D
Dinner A-B-C-D-E
PM Snack

This Recipe Contains: Carb B

Back to top Go down
http://tonibaby.wordpress.com

Coffee Nut Balls
Page 1 of 1